Monday, October 31, 2005

The Call That I've Been Waiting For

Tonight I got the call that I have been eagerly waiting for.... woo-hoo, I am not entertaining anyone for Thanksgiving!!!! I have personally prepared every single freaking holiday meal for my husband's family for the last 4 years. Every single one. I even went into pre-term labor in the middle of Christmas dinner. And get this, everyone left and I ended up driving myself to the hospital so my husband could watch Carter at home. Yep that's family support!

My sister in law and her boyfriend bought a new house this summer and they want to host Thanksgiving. They wanted to know if it would bother me. As I was doing back-flips in the backyard my husband informed them that it would be nice to have a break from entertaining at our house. (Please note that the last time they were all at my home was when my mother-in-law was released from the hospital after her stroke and the day ended with a door broken off it's hinges and an aluminum bat broken in half.)

Of course, then they asked if I would make cheesecake, pumpkin pie, and stuffing. At least nothing should end up broken in yammerville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home