Sunday, October 30, 2005

100 Things About Me

1. I was born in 1972.
2. In September.
3. On the last day of summer.
4. I am 30ish. I don't know what kind of funky math the rest of you use, but I'm 30.
5. I grew up half of my life in the coldest town in the USA, Embarrass, MN.
6. I frostbit three of my toes looking for the perfect Christmas tree with my dad one Christmas Eve.
7. I moved to Montana when I was 14.
8. There are no pictures of me as a baby. I am the often overlooked middle child.
9. I have two sisters.
10. I moved back to Minnesota for college.
11. I went to all all womens college.
12. I am an over-achiever.
13. I met and married a Minnesota boy.
14. I hate the cold.
15. And Winter.
16. I love a Minnesota boy.
17. I have two other Minnesota boys.
18. And a hyper dog.
19. And an anti-social cat.
20. My older sister and I compete for everything. She usually wins.
21. I'm very Irish. I'm 5'6", green eyes, reddish brown hair, and the greenest eyes you've ever seen.
22. My husband is 6'3" and both my sons are on their way to being over 6'.
23. I love cooking, gardening, and being domestic.
24. I am a high profile management consultant that helps companies fix problems.
25. I was painfully shy as a child.
26. I am inspired by things retro and vintage.
27. I buy most of the stuff for my house at flea markets, estate sales, and garage sales.
28. Most people can't believe I get my cool stuff second hand.
29. My dad is an extremely conservative Catholic.
30. I'm a liberal Democrat.
31. I can tell you exactly where I was when Paul Wellstone died.
32. I played the flute in band.
33. I was an honors kid.
34. I read at least one book a week.
35. I worked three jobs to pay for college.
36. I worked two jobs after college to pay off my student loans.
37. I started my own company after I was laid off of two jobs in five years.
38. It is much cooler to work for yourself.
39. I spent 4 months on bedrest my first pregnancy and 5 1/2 the second.
40. I started my business while I was on bedrest the second time.
41. I have awful insomnia and get very little sleep.
42. My favorite movie is "When Harry Met Sally".
43. I am afraid of heights. I fell out of a two story building when I was three and I get stabbing back pain whenever I am somewhere high.
44. I am also afraid of dogs - big dogs. My little sister was attacked by a dog when we were kids and I had to beat it off of her. She needed 20 stitches.
45. I love Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.
46. I was in 4-H, Girl Scouts, and made every honor role. Major nerd.
47. I will never drive a mini-van.
48. I still have my first car. A 93 Pontiac Grand Am that currently has a cracked engine block.
49. I have travelled to the Netherlands, France, Italy, and Australia.
50. My mom is Canadian.
51. My parents have lived in Australia and Uzbekistan for work.
52. I love reality tv shows.
53. I'm a clutz. I have broken fingers, toes, my foot, dislocated my shoulder, and hyper-extended my knee. Oh and ruptured a disk in my back.
54. I own my own crutches.

Ok. It's still a work in progress.... more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home